Saturday, November 23, 2013

Wonky Scrappy Little Star Table Runner


I am off to a full day of sewing with my peeps from the Fraser Valley Modern Quilt Guild.  Seriously fabulous!  And I will be sharing how to make this table runner for anyone who is so inclined,  I made it from Christmas scraps, mostly Basic Grey scraps in fact.  Don't you just love how the pin wheel appears between the stars?  Love that!

This runner is about 15" by 38" and is quilted with Aurifil 50 weight in white. The binding is a fabulous striped print from the same Basic Grey line as the scraps. I think the line was called Fruitcake.  I love the slightly non-traditional colours.

Anyway, I will write up the tutorial and get it up on the blog this weekend!  Happy sewing!  Linking up with Amanda Jean for finish it up Friday!

10 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! I love all the stars smack up against each other! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute layout. I especially like the way the star points hit the other blocks. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice Cathy! I've always enjoyed the extra little pinwheel design in these interlocking stars projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful table runner! love your fabrics!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so pretty! Great use of that fabric line, and the layout is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great runner! Very pleasing to the eye! Look forward to the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog from a Pinterest post, I think I'm here to stay. Can't wait to see this tutorial. Too funny, I have a sister-in-law Cathy Erickson also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute table runner, I love the prints!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am totally going to make this Cathy! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete