Tuesday, November 26, 2013

What is up this week?


On Saturday, I spent the day sewing with the fabulous ladies from The Fraser Valley Modern Quilt Guild.  I shared the instructions with them for the Wonky Star table runner and lots of them were busy making them.  I joined in the fun and made this one, all in blues.  It is going to be a gift.  It was fun to use a bunch of Christmas fabrics that may not have been used any time soon!  And I have to say that it turned out quite nicely!  The runner is all quilted and bond and ready for a photo opportunity.

I also worked on some star blocks for a baby quilt.  That was fun!



And what were other people up to?  Laura and Vera were doing surgery on a sewing machine foot.  They were successful!



 Barb was getting busy with a fabric bowl.  How cool is that?


Lysa was making Christmas stockings and was consulting with Cynthia on trim placement.  I have to say that the stockings were gorgeous!

Lots of Christmas makes underway!  Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for Work in Progress Wednesday and with the Needle and Thread Network.

13 comments:

  1. Oooh, can I come??? I totally would except for that darn ocean in between!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great productive time! I love the star table runner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your star table runner. I have been wanting to make a fabric basket but don't understand the written instructions. I think I will see if there's a video out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blue table runner. What a fun day! Love to see all the projects others are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wonky stars are gorgeous! I love the varying sizes. It looks like your guild was having a great time - you are lucky to have that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your wonky stars! What a fun atmosphere to quilt in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing can beat blue and white!! The sewing get together looks like lots of fun

    ReplyDelete
  8. This a very nice wonky stars quilt, really like the colorus you've chosen...LOL Carli in Northern B.C. wish we had a quilt guild around my home.

    ReplyDelete