Thursday, December 13, 2012

A finish and another gift made



I finished this table runner nice and quick.   The binding happened while watching tv the other evening.  It felt good to use up some of my French General hoard.  It is a funny thing that I have such a stack of French General fabrics and yet rarely use it.  I really do think that my fabric tastes have evolved since I first started stock piling it.  I still like it but I don't really see it in a quilt.  At least not for me.  It looks quite nice in a table runner though.

The fabulous thing about table runners is that you get to use up batting scraps!  I have a huge pile of potential table runners!  The other fabulous thing about table runners is how quickly they quilt up.   Love that!

I quilted this simply with some gorgeous Aurifil 40 wt.  It has a beautiful sheen to it and the heavier weight allows the quilting to really sparkle.



Oh!  I ordered some labels awhile ago!  They look quite official!



Linking up with Finish it up Friday at Amanda Jean's.  Off to quilt guild tonight.  So much fun!

6 comments:

  1. It's beautiful -- but, of course, I don't think you can go wrong with French General. I've made one quilt with them so far and am saving some more French General fabrics to make another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa girl! Check out those fancy labels...I like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you order your labels? I like the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I like your label. Like Carol, I'd like to know where you ordered them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fabrics, such lovely colours. Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the French General fabrics, I have a quilt top done and waiting for me to quilt it! And the classy label! Wow! where did you get those done? I want some too!

    ReplyDelete