Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Warp and Weft Sewing Society: Covered binder


A little bit of linen and some lovely fabric from Warp and Weft and what did I get?  A covered binder and a door prize for the next Fraser Valley Quilt Guild meeting.  This is just such a fun way to upcycle a binder!  I use binders for patterns and stuff in my sewing room so I am sure a guild member will find a use for it.

Have a look! I added a few rows of quilting in a lovely heavy 28wt Aurifil in a variegated orange.  The heavier weight thread looks super on the linen!  Covering a binder is easy except for the fitting part.  But I have a tip... if at first you don't succeed, try another binder!  Binders vary a lot depending on where the rings are located and how thick the actual covers are.  This binder was a little bit fancy and as a result, the cover needed to be a bit larger than you would expect for a basic 1" three ring binder.  




2 comments:

  1. oooooooh
    you are giving me ideas!!

    so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I completely missed this post! I know I was rushing to get packed and ready to leave for Brussels at the time...glad I spotted it, though! Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete