Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Work in Progress Wednesday...July 9, 2014



First of all a big work in progress is my suitcase!  Leaving for Sisters, Oregon tomorrow!  Quilts, fabric and friends!!!  But I also am catching up on other things before I go... especially since I am officially on summer holidays !  This is the Lucky Stars June block.  It came together easily.  Sometimes they make me a little crazy but this one was just fine.  I have done every block including the bonus blocks except for April.  I didn't do April.  I might later but today July is on the table.  This is going to be a big awesome quilt with 2 years of paper pieced stars!


Yep.  Christmas in July.  Marla in That Stash bee is making a Christmas quilt.  I used some of my buddy Cynthia's fabric in the one on the right.  The mod poinsettias and the ornaments.  Retro Christmas for Robert Kaufman.  Cynthia has a new line coming out and I cannot wait to get my hands on it... Sewing Studio!!!!
The selvages are to die for!

And then I have a table runner... a special request for a friend to give her sister.  The pecs were neutrals.  I think it fits the bill.  I just need to get some Kona stone or parchment for the binding.  Lots of matchstick quilting and linen.  So fabulous!

And finally the best work in progress of all!  Today my husband and I celebrate 31 years of marriage.  We were married on my parent's ranch way back in 1983 and here we are today.  Joined at the hip.  Forever and ever.

Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced.... for Work in Progress Wednesday!

6 comments:

  1. Have a great trip & happy anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Your June star is sweet - great choice for background fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS! Such a sweet couple...but is that your bear in the background watching? Or maybe a rock.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy day to you Cathy. Hubby and I are 28 years this month ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats and Happy Anniversary. Great makes- the Lucky Stars block is wonderful, the colours are just divine. Really love your table runner, the linen and quilting work together so very well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! I love everything! Your table runner is awesome! Have a great time in Sisters, maybe one year I'll meet you there!

    ReplyDelete