Friday, August 2, 2013

A little needlebook finish...




I made another needlebook.  I get such a kick out of making these.  Seriously!  I used some of my sawdust scraps to add some interest to the front and back.  I used a linen scrap but the icing on the cake is the lovely 30wt Aurifil 5017.  That lovely bright green thread with a gorgeous sheen adds a finishing pop to the whole thing.  Can you see that I COVERED a button!  That was so much fun!  Yesterday when Mum and I were out thrifting, I bought all sorts of vintage covered button packages so I can cover buttons until the cows come home!

I embellished all the little pages.  Amy at Nanacomapany always does that on her needlebooks.  And I think I will pop this into the needlebook swap at our net guild meeting.  I already have another one made so maybe I will swap two!
Linking up with Amanda Jean for Finish it up Friday.





10 comments:

  1. very nice. what are the finished measurements? and for the record, yesterday I bought blueberries from Mission, BC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute finish. Love that you embellished the pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the green thread is the icing on the cake. Very very cute little project Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute...love all the added touches of fun! 😃

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, the green thread is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute! You make such nice things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the embellishments you did! So cute! The button is fantastic. What a fun thing to do, that alone makes the needle book unique and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute cute little case. The measuring tape is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete