Thursday, August 8, 2013

Random Thursday...summer



Summer brings all sorts of lovelies.  Mum came to visit because she needed to load up on blueberries so that we would have room for something other than blueberries in our deep freeze.  While we live in the land of endless blueberries, she lives in the land of endless "tree fruits."  She came armed with cherries, apricots and peaches.  Yum.  Is there anything more wonderful than apricot jam?  I left a bowl of the jam skimmings (we call it pond scum) on the counter.  I came back to the kitchen later to find that Husband had eaten it all with a spoon.  That is pretty amazingly high praise because he is not someone who typically likes sweet stuff.  But oh man, apricot jam is just pure awesomeness in a jar.

Then there are these...  I am now finding random people who I can give beans to.  I might take beans a s a door prize to the guild meeting tonight.  Or blueberries.  Or both.
 

And this circulated the inter-web the other day.  I love it.  Apparently Chris Hatfield, Canadian spaceman, tweeted it or something.  So incredibly optimistic!!!!!  Linking up with Cindy for Random Thursday!


5 comments:

  1. That's so funny! I like the sound of that Apricot jam and I think the guild will love your harvest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are just finishing up our Apricot tree. 48 quarts this year plus lots to eat and share. Your jam looks like sunshine! Beans as a door prize. Brilliant. I should have thought of that the year I planted 27 zucchini plants.........duh

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I lived anywhere near you, I'd totally come and steal green beans from you :D LOVE fresh green (and yellow) beans. I found some picked-fresh still in the pod peas at the market a few days ago and it made me wish I were still a kid at my parents because practically every day through the summer my sister and I would go out to the garden to check on the peas and beans and eat half of them without ever walking them into the house - we'd throw the pea pods and bean ends over the fence so we wouldn't get found out (though obviously we did - my dad planted potatoes on the other side of the fence most years until someone in the neighbourhood starting digging them up and taking all the potatoes).

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!! Every time I read your blog I get hungry! Does your mom ship to the states? Do you ship beans and blueberries to the states! LOL! All we've grown this year are weeds and some hard to decipher tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete