Wednesday, August 28, 2013

WIP Wednesday




Last evening, I just had to do it.  I went downstairs at 9 pm and chopped up the 9 patch blocks for the Modernerized Disappearing 9 patch and put the chopped blocks on the design wall.  Husband actually came to check on me to see if I was okay.  I don't usually start chopping things up at 9 pm.  That's bed time, people!  I realize that I must have been a bit tired because the blocks are nicely placed in a rectangle but at a seriously evident tilt.  Oops!  Anyway, now that they are up on the design wall, I am going to examine this picture closely to see if I am happy with the distribution of colours and then get this puppy sew together.

As for other things on the go, I actually made another block for my Road to Fortune quilt.  Check it out, almost there!  I took a break for a few weeks as I was getting tired of making these.  Sigh.  But the end is near!  I see that Amy has released a pattern for something very similar to this and it looks really nice in the colours she made it with.



Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced and the Needle and Thread Network!

9 comments:

  1. Haha! 9pm is bedtime for me too. If I head to the sewing room then it's because I have a deadline or was hit with inspiration :)

    Those road to fortune blocks are so fun! Are they difficult to make?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your disappearing 9-patch looks great, and I personally approve of the fabric distribution. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow on both of your quilts. Love the way you put those pretty colours together with white. Very nice. I sometimes sew late at night, way past bedtime. Wrecks the next day, because I'm up at 5:00am! But I just get so into it sometimes, I HAVE to sew. It's great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these look delicious. I usually make mistakes after 9 p.m.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both your quilts. Your color distribution on your 9 patch is fabulous. Your Road to Fortune quilt is beautiful. Great colors. As for sewing after 9pm I usually sew up til 11pm news (don't get home from work until 9pm) so get most me quilting done at night. Thanks for pictures, can't wait to see both of them finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almost did the same thing. I can't get enough of that modern disappearing 9-patch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Road to Fortune quilt! The colours are so bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Road to Fortune is so pretty! I want to make one now. And I know how it goes with late-night cutting sessions. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is there a difference between a modern disappearing nine patch and a disappearing nine patch? I love your road to fortune quilt, so bright and is quite inspiring! Do I need one? maybe! Almost as strange but when I get inspired I am up very early to work in the sewing room -- 4am! or even 3:30am...

    ReplyDelete