Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Hmmm, what am I doing?


On the sewing front I started another bag because the first one was just so much fun.  I am using Elizabeth Hartman's pattern again because it is such a great pattern!  I used a home decor weight fabric (from the thrift store, I might add) for the bottom and the top.  That is the small black and white check.   I used the same for the facing so by the time I got that altogether, it was just too thick on top.  So I ripped the facing off and I will use quilting cotton to face the bag with.  Then I will be a happy camper.  I am back to work this week and think that this bag might just be a bunch of fun to lug my junk back and forth in.

And I started and finished a vintage sheet quilt for the medical room bed at school.  They had a bunch of those scratchy grey blankets on the medical room bed.  Yuck.  That is the last thing a little sick child wants to be snuggled up with.  I have completely forgotten to take pictures so I must do that.

I also transformed with Husband's expert help...

 
into 28 quarts of  bread and butter pickles.  We like our pickles.


So that is my work in progress list for the past while.  Happy Wednesday!  Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for work in progress Wednesday and the Needle and Thread Network.

10 comments:

  1. I love your bag. It makes me smile, I'm sure the kids will feel the same. And the pickles look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be the talk of the staff room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, those pickles look soooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and what are 'bread and butter pickles'?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bread and butter pickles are the sweet ones :) They're yummy!

      Delete
  5. My mother used to make bread and butter pickles all the time! Yum! (she is 94 and doesn't want to make them anymore, LOL).
    have fun back at work at your new school! I know you will inspire brand new to quilting people!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Bread & Butter pickles - I am the only one to eat them in my house - so I only make 2 or 3 small jars. Roll on summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So satisfying to sit back and admire your pretty jars of pickles, eh? Sometimes that's the best part!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funky bag and yummy pickles - you had a great week!

    ReplyDelete