Monday, August 19, 2013

Thrifty summer finds...










I haven't shared any thrift shop finds for awhile.  When Mum was visiting a bit ago, we totally hit some of our favourite thrift shops.  I found a BIG bag of wooden thread spools.  Gotta have that.  And then this vintage apron caught my eye.  I think it was about a $1.  It is very cute and I think before I give it to daughter, I will make a pattern from it.  Love the slit pockets in the polka dots.  The fabric is a good weight perhaps even a linen blend.



BUTTONS!  and these ones were sorted into mostly blues with a touch of green.  Nice!





And some snazzy vintage sheets and pillow cases.  I am really picky about vintage sheets because I have a really good stash but these ones hit all the right notes.  Bright, sturdy and fresh looking.



I might just be working on a vintage sheet quilt as we speak.

10 comments:

  1. Those vintage sheets totally look like Briar Rose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. about vintage sheets, are they 100% cotton and when is "vintage". So what's your favorite thrift shop? MCC by chance"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds, Cathy! I love the green daisy one - we had that one when I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh might you? I have a few wooden spools too. Do you think granny and grumps has any quilty things? I don't remember seeing any

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely finds:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh nice thifty finds.....Gorgeousness

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lucky treasure hunt! I got some spools and thread like this from my Grandmas estate last year. I haven't gone through them yet.one day, when I'm ready.

    ReplyDelete