Sunday, August 25, 2013

I started something new...



I saw something out in blog land that caught my eye.  That often happens.  Anyway, this morning I chopped up fabric and put together a bunch of 9 patch blocks.  But not your everyday average 9 patch blocks.  These ones have a whole lot more white in them than you would typically do.  Yep.  The disappearing disappearing 9 patch is in the works.  At least that is what I am calling it.  The story being that a clever quilter, Kristy Daum, decided to modern-up the disappearing 9 patch by reducing the number of prints and upping the solids.  That way when you chop up the blocks and reassemble them, you get a whole lot more negative space.  Cool!  So I used up some Nicey Jane fabrics, a little bit of Lizzy House and a pink print from a way back along with a pile of white.  12 blocks done.  Time to chop them up and see what happens.


Linking up with Judy's Design Wall Monday.

11 comments:

  1. That looks like fun! Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it could be interesting! Can't wait to see more :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your fabric picks! I just recently finished a MD9P and love the way it looks with so much negative space, can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fabrics you picked will be so much fun. I've got this pattern planned for the next baby quilt I make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see how it turns out when you chop it up! Is the placement of prints vs white the same in each block or random?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing my Modernized D9P tutorial with your readers. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally just did this this weekend with some Glimma! How funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see your finish! I also have been wanting to try this out :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh..cant wait to see what happens, I think I am going to want to make one too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks interesting. I'll pop over to the tutorial to see how it looks. My daughter would love this and she is forever making baby quilts.

    ReplyDelete