Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Wip Wednesday



I have been quilting and binding my values quilt.  This was a bit of a marathon.  It was especially challenging to sit with a quilt in my lap, hand stitching the binding, when it has been so darn hot.

This afternoon I tackled the Lucky Stars August Block.  It went together swimmingly.  I just followed the directions and got busy.  I find it really helps to keep all the fabrics that I am using for this project in a plastic shoebox so I don't have to look at them all month but they are still altogether and organized for the next go round.  I also make notes on the cutting directions regarding colour.  I check the picture of Elizabeth's finished block, and then make notes like...text, dark, light, medium blah blah blah.  It helps keep the contrast happening with the block.  This was block number 8 or 9 if you count the practice block.




All finished!


I also finished the big work in progress which was the stack of boxes in the downstairs living room.  Yep.  Got that done.  My office is now all set up in my new school.  I have to say that it took one trip to move the boxes over but when I brought all the stuff home, it took me 3 trips.  That is because Husband is a master packer.  How he got it all into the vehicle, I have no idea!  He says it is a guy thing.  Harumph!  I did appreciate his help that is for darn sure!

Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced and The Needle and Thread Network.

10 comments:

  1. I've spent some quality time with my machingers today as well :) Great job on the BOM, it's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your block looks fabulous. I think your husband is right about packing be a guy thing. When ever we have to travel with a bunch of stuff I never even attempt to load the car my husband does it so efficiently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That block looks great! Do you happen to know what that solid purple is?

    (clumsy.chord(at)gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now what can be hiding there in that rolled up quilt. Big reveal soon? Your block looks amazing. I think I may have run for the hills if I had to try to piece that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your star! That text print is one of my favourites. I had a fq, and I used every last piece of it. Do you have any quilts hanging in your new office?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that star block! a must paper piece block, tho! I am anxious to see your values quilt...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great block, and your fabric choices are awesome!

    ReplyDelete