Thursday, July 26, 2012

Seeing Double... sort of


 Baby quilts for twin boys who are now almost a week old.  Similar but different.  Wonky log cabins in lots of brights.  The 2 quilts are close to the same size but not quite.  One is bound in orange gingham print and the other in turquoise.  I felt it important to have the quilts be individuals but at the same time be similar enough to work for twins. Both are backed with a turquoise flannelette-brushed cotton.  Soft and snuggly.  The print on the back looks to me like blueberries so I like that!  I found it in my stash so that was a good thing.  I didn't buy any fabric for these quilts and that was nice too!  I find it very satisfying to shop my stash.  I did not quilt these a lot because I like baby quilts to be "floopy."  But I did some straight lines in my favourite Aurifil 50 wt in white.  I can't use any thread but Aurifil.  I am a complete convert.  The quilting shows up better from the backs in the photos down below.

I have to say these were so much fun to make and Husband and I popped them in the mail this morning!





Linking with Quilt Story for Fabric Tuesday.

5 comments:

  1. So awesome! I love how they are the same but different, what a perfect gift for twins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw your link @ Quilt Story so I came over for a peek - I love your quilts! Bright, colourful, fun and just a little bit different from each other - perfect for twins!

    ReplyDelete