Thursday, March 31, 2011

dog quilt????


Crazy?  Husband installed hardwood flooring in the last few weeks.  The floors extend right through the  main floor of the house and are really gorgeous.  Webster liked the old carpet.  I love the new floors but I feel so bad for my dog.  Last evening I had this idea to make him a doggy quilt/bed.  I whipped this up after dinner.  9 " squares from a bunch of crazy vintage and thrift store fabrics, including a dog print square.  And the fabrics are all colour coordinated to Golden Retriever fur.  Very important.  My plan is to make a large, lightly stuffed pillow to slide into the quilt bed which I will make like a pillow cover.  If I do it that way, then I can wash the outer quilt/bed easily and the pillow will pop out.  I think he is going to be over the moon when he gets to test drive it for the first time.  Of course Webster has a bed in the bedroom but he needs to have a comfy place to snooze in the main living area of the house.  The whole shebang will measure about 45" square and make one large fuzz ball, a happy critter!

1 comment:

  1. nope not crazy. I made one a couple months ago for my sister's dog! Everyone/pet deserves to be cozy with a quilt;)

    ReplyDelete