Wednesday, March 16, 2011

here's the funny thing


Grampa, my Mum and I were thrift storing a bit ago.  Mum was down one aisle.  Grampa was checking out some stuff and I was cruising through the 'collectibles.'  It was the strangest thing.  It was like I was on auto pilot.  My hand swooped over and picked up the bowl that I have been hoping to find for maybe 10 years! Are you kidding me???  There it was a vintage Johnson Brothers Greydawn vegetable serving bowl.  I gleefully told Mum and Grampa that I have the lid at home for the bowl and have had the lid for at least 10 years.  Crazy I know.  Who buys a lid?  I just love the colour of this pattern so much and have some of the pieces, so years ago I found just a lid and I bought it.  I have packed it around through many moves and there it was... the bowl that needed my lid.  A perfect fit.  The perfect lid.  Grampa thought it was pretty funny.  I think he was surprised that I found the lid in the cupboard right away when we got home.  And here they are together.  Happy as can be!

And I am going to link this up to Sophie's flea market finds.  : ) check out other flea market treasures!

7 comments:

  1. Serendipity! Who says it doesn't exist? I predict that everything you serve in this dish will be deliciously tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you were meant to find it. I would have thrown that lid out ages ago. It's lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. but is that a wonderful story, or what? plus it looks like a grand design too!!
    n♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! Your marvelous tale of patience and perseverance gives me hope that I will find the lid to my Miss Priss kitty cat cookie jar. Your treasure is a beautiful serving bowl. Love the blue color. Thanks for sharing your great story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so funny! Just meant to be:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought a gravy dish...hoping to find the gravy boat that matches one day :) This gives me hope!

    ReplyDelete