Monday, March 14, 2011

The next quilt!


Here it is!  On the design floor in the downstairs living room.  I am just so darned tickled with this quilt.  Husband loves that it is on the diagonal.   I used a Moda Bakeshop recipe as I mentioned before and the blocks came together quickly.  I used retro prints from my favourite local quilt shop's fabric by the pound sale.  Fabulous sale.  They sell off all their sample fabrics etc.  Just way too much fun.  I cannot count though.

Two extra blocks that I made in a pout because I thought I did not have enough.  I had started the pre-celebration.  Wahoo!  I made all the blocks.  Counted them decided I needed 2 more.  Obviously I had enough blocks.  Anyway...  I love the way this looks and before I quit for the day yesterday, I even sewed the rows together and they are now labeled and piled ready for the next step.  Adding the hills to the little log cabins.  Nice!

1 comment:

  1. this is going to be a lovely soft and pretty quilt when it is finished - looking forward to seeing the end result!

    ReplyDelete