Thursday, January 9, 2014

A Friday Finish on a Thursday...

 Quilt stats

Name:  Vintage Pinkness 
Design:  Mine, Economy blocks, 5.5"
Size:  38" by 48"
Fabric:  assorted stash fabric and scraps, Kona Baby Pink, pink stripe flannelette backing
Quilted: by me with Aurifil 50 wt in white



This is a baby quilt for a gift for one of our son's fiance's friends.  The baby is not yet born but the family knows she is a girl and her name will be Scarlet.  I was asked to make the quilt and was given free rein but the thought was that it should include some red.  Okay.  So this is what happened.  I started making Red Pepper Quilt's Economy blocks even before the big craze happened.  I am just so on it with trends!  Giggle.  But I alternated the blocks with solids in the palest of pinks.  Each block has a little whimsical square and I added a really sweet small scale pink print from Lecien for the border.  I just don't remember what it is called.  I have had it for quite awhile.  The binding is from Kate Spain's Christmas line.

And I quilted on either side of the blocks in Aurifil 50 wt in white and then added diagonals in each direction.  The diagonals really finished it perfectly.  The quilting has transformed this little quilt.  It went from being okay to being OKAY!  after the quilting.

First finish of the new year.  Linking up with Amanda Jean for Finish it up Friday.  And now I am off to guild.  De-stash night and I have a lot of stuff to get rid of!  So exciting!!!!




4 comments:

  1. The economy blocks you just started two days ago? This is so cute and the setting is very modern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun looking quilt with the randomness of the blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really sweet Cathy. I'm sure it will be a treasured gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is way more than OKAY. It is a super cute baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete