Thursday, January 16, 2014

Making Lemonade...Pink that is!





 Name:  Pink Lemonade
Design: Mine
Block:  Kaleidoscope Block from Quilter's Cache
Size:  approx  41" by 49"
Fabric:  Kona Ash, 
Backing:  a pink print from my stash
Binding: Kona Pomegranate
Quilted: by me with Aurifil 40 wt in Pink  2415

I was going to call this quilt Oopsie-Baby because of how it came to be but then someone commented yesterday when I was talking about making lemonade with "oops" blocks that this was Pink Lemonade.  Pink Lemonade it is!  And yes, this one came about because of template printing issues creating blocks that were too big for my bee partner.  

As "oops" blocks go, I will definitely mark this one done as a most happy accident.  I think it totally works!  
The Kona Ash offsets the bright scrappy blocks really well.  And don't even get me started on the binding.  I love it!  

I usually leave baby quilts lightly quilted but this one begged for lots of quilting.  Straight lines about 1/2" apart all the way across in a fabulous Aurifil 40 wt in pink... number 2415 to be precise.    I love straight line quilting.  

Done and now in inventory waiting for a baby that needs a quilt.  Linking up tomorrow with Amanda Jean for finish it up Friday.


22 comments:

  1. It is so cute! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For an oops it turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky baby. If I were the Mom, I'd steal it when baby was sleeping.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is just so beautiful! Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Great way to make some lemonade! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! What a happy oops! And the quilting is perfect for it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops are the ones that can sometimes be the best. Love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The binding is perfect and I really like the way you chose to quilt it. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really lovely. That's one of my favorite blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blocks in this quilt look like they are dancing across the quilt---fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love it - well done for making lemonade when life gave you lemons!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my gosh! I couldn't believe it when I saw it in our group stream. It is darling! A happy "accident" for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! I would love an accident like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glorious! The binding is superb. I love your work! That baby is sure lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty!! I love the colours...so fresh :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute!

    I have so many finished baby quilts and I just don't know anyone having babies these days!! Might need to donate.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this so much!! All of the negative space really accents how cool the kaleidoscopes are! Glad you could use them and seriously--this turned out so great. :)

    ReplyDelete