Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Working, working...




I popped these wee blocks in the mail the other day.  They are destined for a baby quilt project.  So fun.  And Economy blocks are all the rage right now.  These ones finished at 5.5" and were paper pieced using the tutorial and template available from Rita at Red Pepper Quilts.  Paper piecing these makes really accurate blocks!

I have also been working on the mini quilt for the Creative Stitches Challenge for my guild.  The modern quilting theme that my mini will demonstrate is alternate grid work but in making it, I have also used solids, ample use of negative space and bright, bold colours.  So there you go!

Here is a sneak peak of my mini as I was quilting it.



Linking up with the Needle and Thread Network and Lee at Freshly Pieced for Work in Progress Wednesday.

6 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous, love those fabrics.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. This mini quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Economy Blocks. Great baby colours. Your mini is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am completely addicted to making economy blocks at the moment, but yours are so gorgeous! Perfect colours for a baby quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the colours of your mini. That pink really pops!

    ReplyDelete