Sunday, January 5, 2014

Bee Blocks on the barn wall...


Here they are!  So pretty!  I made these Kaleidoscope blocks for Nicole  for That Stash Bee.  This is a free block pattern from Quilter's Cache and Nicole's colour choices just sing!  I have to say that I had moments of frustration when making these.  Lots of gnashing of teeth and grumpy stomping.  The really silly thing is that it was not about the block or the sewing it was about the darn printing of the template!  Seriously!  If I opened up the template and printed it, then I got the template at the size that Nicole wanted.  I did that and made one block which is 4 little blocks.  Then I went and printed out 4 more templates.  When I printed more templates, I saved the pdf file and printed it from my saved copy.  I happily made 4 more sections, making one more block.  But it was so much bigger!  OMG!  Are you kidding?  Simply by saving the template, the template became about 25% bigger and since I made the second block the next day, I did not clue in until the block was completed.  Long story is that I now have 4 of these blocks finished.  2 of them will be popped in the mail and then the super sized blocks (not that super sized but bigger) are the start of a really awesome quilt with a great colour scheme!!!

That is the story.

7 comments:

  1. LOL poor thing!!! Your blocks look fantastical tho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that frustrating! You did a gorgeous job of these. I'm not sure what I love more. The blocks or the barn. Ok the blocks...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate when that happens! But then the silver lining is that you have some awesome blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, I am about to embark on my first paper piecing experience and this is terrifying me! These are beautiful and it certainly wouldn't be a bad thing to have a quilt of your own in this color scheme :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! Thanks for the tip about quilter's cache.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh these are awesome! I love the colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The color scheme is wonderful, and sorry to hear about the PDF problems...it happens to the best of us :-)

    ReplyDelete