Monday, January 27, 2014

More quilt mail... and I learned something today



Well... maybe I learned more than one thing.  Like don't hit publish your blog post until you actually write something.  Hmmm.

So... I ordered a few things from Mad About Patchwork the other day and surprise, surprise, two fat quarters fell into my shopping cart along with the Konas I had selected.  These are prints from Lizzy House and her catnap line.  Love the mice!

And the Konas are from the far left... Putty, Berry, Cerise, Mulberry and Pomegranate.  So pretty!

For those Canadians out there, Mad About Patchwork has really reasonable shipping.  Just saying.

The other thing I learned today is that there really are two ways to wind thread on a spool or cone.  Alex Veronelli, Product Manager of Aurifil, actually commented on my post from the other day and then we emailed back and forth a bit.  Now that is customer service!  Seriously fabulous.  Alex explained that industrial machines prefer thread wound counter clockwise and domestic machines, such as mine,  prefer the other.  Who knew?  The cone I recently got is therefore intended for industrial sewing machines but will work quite happily for me upside down!

7 comments:

  1. That's interesting to know about the thread and makes more sense to me as I purchased a spool of thread last week (bigger than I normally purchase) and I thought it was wound the wrong way. Oh well, it is now upside down on my machine also :o) great purchases. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. You learn something new every day Cathy and isn't Alex a star to take the time to explain the problem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know that! Thanks for sharing your new thread info!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catnap is so adorable! I've been impressed with Alex and Aurifil's customer service many times in the past :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fabrics! But have you seen Pepper Cory's Cotton Shots called Peppered Cottons? They are to die for and so many beautiful colors! And they are only in the 8-9 dollar range per yard here in the states.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tip about "Mad About Patchwork". Their fabrics are just what I'm looking for.

    ReplyDelete