Tuesday, January 21, 2014

What did I do this week?


I signed up again for Elizabeth Dackson's Lucky Stars Block of the Month again this year.  This is January's.  Oh my goodness.  What a lot of pieces!  And the bonus block is just below.  I made that one at the sew in on Saturday with my guild buddies.  It took me all day because there was a whole lot of talking going on and subsequently, a whole lot of stitch ripping.  Erg.


And together they look like this... Interestingly, the January block is a bit smaller than the bonus block and I think that I am going to make it work because I just don't fancy making another one.  I think that could have been another template printing issue.  But the funny thing is that I printed the templates at home at the same time.  I am just going to make it work.


And this is what it all looks like together on the design wall so far.  Placement is completely random at this point.  But it is starting to look pretty nice!


And I have started another quilt.  Yep.  So far it is just cut up fabric.  This is going to be Geometric Slide from the fabulous new quilting book Vintage Quilt Revival by Katie Blakesley, Lee Heinrich and Faith Jones!  Such an awesome book!


And that is what I am working on this week.  Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for Work In Progress Wednesday .

21 comments:

  1. the stars look so great all together. I love the fabrics you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing the DCMB Block of the Month too! Sixteen pieces all meeting in the center...that's a first for me. Here's mine:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/60397128@N08/11804884653/in/pool-1732490@N25

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those blocks are just gorgeous! Perfect background too

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're blocks look stunning all together!
    And i can't wait to see your geometric slide, lovely fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a gorgeous quilt! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow your Lucky Stars quilt is looking gorgeous!! I really should get back to making those blocks - they are fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the colours you have used in your BOM quilt. January's block is just beautiful. can't wait for the full reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous blocks you have definitely put a lot of work into these.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely !! Great colors You used.
    Regards from Poland.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the script fabric - very unusual!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the text print as the background! Also, don't you just love the Vintage Quilt Revival book? I'm participating in a Block Along and just made that double z block, which I love. Your fabric pull for your quilt looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the fabrics for your new quilt. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. your new block is stunning! I wouldn't want to remake, either. =) there are some serious skills involved in that beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The new block really is just magnificent. I love your choice of fabrics, the whole collection of blocks just looks stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous paper piecing - love your text backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful work on the stars, I love the colors you chose!
    Stopping by from Lee's hop
    http://www.domesticdeficitdisorder.blogspot.com/2014/01/wip-wednesday-jan-22nd.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. That geometric slide quilt looks like it'll be a fun one. I love the blues you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  19. looking great...don't you just love those lucky stars

    ReplyDelete
  20. ah yes, I love that Geometric slide too! can't wait to see yours when it is done.

    ReplyDelete
  21. STUNNING!! Seriously. So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete