Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Work in Progress Wednesday... Making Lemonade



Well.  On the weekend I started to make lemonade.   I was trying to make the best of a bad situation.  I mentioned the other day that in attempting to make blocks for my January That Stash Bee, many of us struggled with the template.  Insert gnashing of teeth and general frustration.  I ended up with 2 and half supersize blocks along with the two that I sent off to my bee mate.  Even with a lot of fiddling and printing, my blocks turned out a bit on the small size.  The colours are gorgeous and the blocks were so lovely even as supersized blocks that I decided to make lemonade from my lemons.  I finished the third large block and added a whole bunch of Kona Ash and make a baby quilt.  

And it feels good.  All quilted up in a lovely light pink Aurifil 40 wt.  I auditioned several fabrics for binding before settling on Kona Pomegranate.  Now that is a lovely intense pink.

Linking up with Lee for Work in Progress Wednesday!  


17 comments:

  1. What I can see looks pretty awesome! That'll be a gorgeous quilt for some lucky kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy looking lemonade to me ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful 'pink' lemonade : ) The straight line quilting is perfect for it. We just got home from Victoria tonight. Beautiful weather you had today. I had about 20 minutes in Hamels before they closed, but I managed to score some cute prints. Enjoy your quilting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful lemonade! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Wonderful fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just sewed some of These lovely blocks for a bee, when I see yours, I think I have to make some for me too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh its so beautiful, love the straight line quilting too

    ReplyDelete
  8. stunning...just love the pink & light grey combo! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's Pink Lemonade!! What a lovely combination of colours! Wish I was the baby... :-) Well done!

    http://www.busyneedle.ch

    ReplyDelete
  10. This quilt turned out great! Nobody will ever know that they were once 'lemon' blocks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love making lemonade! sometimes my lemonade turn out better than the original plans! Looks like yours turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow!! I love the colour combination and the grey ties it all together so nicely. Lemonade is the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is so pretty - can't wait to see more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such sunny colors, yeah! Groovy looking quilt you are working on, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely colours! This will be a gorgeous baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete