Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Work in Progress Wednesday... Making Lemonade



Well.  On the weekend I started to make lemonade.   I was trying to make the best of a bad situation.  I mentioned the other day that in attempting to make blocks for my January That Stash Bee, many of us struggled with the template.  Insert gnashing of teeth and general frustration.  I ended up with 2 and half supersize blocks along with the two that I sent off to my bee mate.  Even with a lot of fiddling and printing, my blocks turned out a bit on the small size.  The colours are gorgeous and the blocks were so lovely even as supersized blocks that I decided to make lemonade from my lemons.  I finished the third large block and added a whole bunch of Kona Ash and make a baby quilt.  

And it feels good.  All quilted up in a lovely light pink Aurifil 40 wt.  I auditioned several fabrics for binding before settling on Kona Pomegranate.  Now that is a lovely intense pink.

Linking up with Lee for Work in Progress Wednesday!  


17 comments:

  1. What I can see looks pretty awesome! That'll be a gorgeous quilt for some lucky kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy looking lemonade to me ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful 'pink' lemonade : ) The straight line quilting is perfect for it. We just got home from Victoria tonight. Beautiful weather you had today. I had about 20 minutes in Hamels before they closed, but I managed to score some cute prints. Enjoy your quilting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Wonderful fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just sewed some of These lovely blocks for a bee, when I see yours, I think I have to make some for me too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh its so beautiful, love the straight line quilting too

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning...just love the pink & light grey combo! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's Pink Lemonade!! What a lovely combination of colours! Wish I was the baby... :-) Well done!

    http://www.busyneedle.ch

    ReplyDelete
  9. This quilt turned out great! Nobody will ever know that they were once 'lemon' blocks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love making lemonade! sometimes my lemonade turn out better than the original plans! Looks like yours turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow!! I love the colour combination and the grey ties it all together so nicely. Lemonade is the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is so pretty - can't wait to see more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such sunny colors, yeah! Groovy looking quilt you are working on, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely colours! This will be a gorgeous baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete