Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Officially Week 10 Farmer's Wife Quilt Along

I spent some time at the barn this morning pinning all the blocks up for a check in.  They seem to be playing nicely together but I have a lot of yellow.  I will avoid yellow for a while!  Of course, it was breezy so I had to double pin the little blocks.  The dog gave up on me as he lost patience with my strange behaviour.  He thought I was going to do something really exciting like pick raspberries or something. And raspberries just happen to be one of his all time favourites.  It is quite the challenge to pick the berries with him as he grunts and groans to get our attention.  He also picks his own berries.  He likes the biggest ones.  Good grief!

I am 2 blocks ahead this week with a total of 22 blocks.  That gives me some grace for down the road.

Block #8  Bouquet  (and I really love this block!)


Block #16 Calico Puzzle


Block #20  Churn Dash  (this block was one of my Gramma's favourites.  She made a lot of quilts with this one!)


Block #23 Country Farm

In keeping with the Farmer's Wife, yesterday I made jam.  Raspberry Jam.  It looks so lovely in the jars and there is such immense satisfaction in filling the shelves of the cold room.  That wonderful squirrel instinct is alive and well.  Have a lovely rest of your day!

6 comments:

  1. I love the colors in your blocks and can imagine that yummy jam on some toast! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are lovely but watch out if I ever come to your neck of the woods as I will be the one raiding the cold room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great blocks! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy, you must be a quilting machine!
    Nearly every day there's a new quilt from you. All beautiful too. And you make jam too...amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like all the yellow -- I actually noticed it yesterday when I browsed through your photos in the flickr group. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blocks and that raspberry jam looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete