Thursday, August 11, 2011

What's up? A new vintage sheet quilt in the works...


Mum is here for a visit.  She brought bounty from the Okanagan...  peaches, cherries, apricots.  Oh, yummy!  She brought a shoe box filled with old handwritten recipes from my Great Grandmother and my Nanna.  What a treasure!  The most hilarious recipe so far is for the "Anti-Constipation Sweet-meat."  The note indicates that the recipe should be stored in a safe place or maybe it means store the product of the recipe in a safe place!?.  Great advice!  The recipe includes figs, dates, raisins and the all important... senna leaves!  The instructions suggest eating a small amount as required! Let me know if you would like the recipe!  He he he!!!!!


In the box was a little homemade recipe book.  My Great Grandma glued recipe clippings into an old catalogue. The catalogue must date to the first world war.  Some of the recipes date to the early 1920s so that would make some sense.  My Great Grandma would have been a young mum then.  So very interesting!


On the quilting front, I have a started a simple 4 patch vintage sheet quilt for Daughter to drag to the lake or camping.  I thought she would want the blues and purples but she asked for green. Of course she did.  Green is not a common colour in vintage sheets so I told her it would be green and yellow.  She said, "oh, gross!"  I told her to trust me.  Kids!



And Mum seems to love the blue and yellow Clovers (aka Card Tricks) quilt despite its wonky points. So that is a good thing.

I leave you with a glimpse of blueberries.  Yep, we are picking!


Have a super rest of the day!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Starting with cherrie sna ending with blueberries with vintage goodies in between - all over yum!

    ReplyDelete