Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunday Stash


I picked up some fabric on sale at my fabulous local quilt shop.  Ruby charm packs times 2!  It always takes some time before new lines find their way up to the Great White North so I was tickled to find some Ruby and it is really lovely.  I have a project in mind for these.  Yummy!


Some Michael Miller bicycles and jigsaw camo.  Nice to have around.


And some stripes and florals of Prospect Park by Kitty Yoshida for Benartex.  Very pretty and versatile, I thought.

A little downy woodpecker was trying to figure out the bird feeder with little success.  And the roses are still blooming and a honey bee was working hard at getting whatever she could find in.  Husband and I dug up the dahlias tuber today.  It is such a huge job but the tubers are all on racks downstairs drying. Once they are dry, they will get a dusting of copper sulphate and a bed of hamster shavings before they are stored away in the cold room until next spring. Totally worth the effort when the flowers are so beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. Love your jigsaw camo..... where is your 'local' shop??
    I'm on Vancouver Island, so near to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the ruby but the bicycles and the jigsaw are my favourites! And I know you only posted the woodpecker to make me jealous and it worked! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete