Saturday, October 1, 2011

Flea Market Finds and October is here!

After a busy week, I slept in until 7:30 this morning!  Unheard of!!!  Then we were off and running.  With Canadian Thanksgiving coming up we had to find a turkey.  I have been looking at the thrift stores for a certificate frame for months for daughter's registered nurse's certificate. Today was the day.  I did not take a picture of it but it is just perfect!


I have had these for awhile but have not yet taken their photo.  A flea market find from Mum!  Milk glass cream and sugar with a seriously ruffled rim.


Another Beehive vintage knitting pattern book to go with all the other ones I have found!    And then all of these fat quarters.  Nope, not from a quilt shop.  I actually found these today at the thrift shop!  I could not believe it!  You cannot even imagine how fast I piled them into my basket!  I think each stack has 7 fat quarters.  All bundled with pretty ribbon.  That is 42 fat quarters.  And I paid.... drumroll... $6.  Yep, thrift store score.  The cashier oohed and aahed.  The lady behind me in the line up, told me she had picked them all up and then put them back, then went back to get them but... gone!  Yep, that was me.  Super fast thrift store shopper.  I am guessing that these were part of a quilter's stash and somehow they were donated and now they are mine.  Mwa ha ha ha!  And we did find a turkey too.  Very frozen and of a size big enough to feed the clan.




I will be linking up with Sophie's flea market finds and Apron Girl's Thrift Share Monday!  Happy first of October!

11 comments:

  1. That is amazing flea market finds!!!! That is look shopping. And I am pleased you found a turkey.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, all those fabrics for next to nothing, how very lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing - are you a fabric magnet or what!!! Well done - first a deceased estate and then all those fat quarters - my goodness is there any room left in your house and that doesn't include all your gorgeous thruft store finds. One day i am seriuously coming shopping with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a good thrifty day for you for sure.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds - love the knitting pattern.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely had a great day for thrifty finds! All of that fabric for $6! What a super deal!! Love the sweet milk glass creamer and sugar, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a bargain price for all that fabric. Beautiful milkglass too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All that great fabric, and bundled by color too! Quilter Love.
    I am following you and putting a blog link on my blog so I can visit often.
    - Joy

    ReplyDelete