Monday, May 28, 2012

Hey, it's Monday already!


Yesterday, I made this Jane Market Bag.  I tweaked it just a little bit.  I cut the corners out at 3" rather than the 4" so my bag is a little taller and a little narrower.  I have to say that this is the second one of these that I have put together.  The first one was made from quilting cotton and  I found that it was too floppy and not substantial enough.  Enter bag number two.  I picked up this fabric at the thrift store on the weekend.  Many metres of this heavy decor weight stuff.  Sort of a cross between a canvas and a denim.  I have no idea what  you call it.  The pockets are made from some upholstery samples.  Also thrift store.  The samples were not quite big enough so I added a bit to the top of the pocket.  So classy.  The bag is lined with a cotton from my stash that picks up the pinky colours of the main fabric.  Jane Market Bag.  Super strong.  Very green.  That is to say... recycled/upcycled fabric for a reusable shopping bag.  Yep.  Green.  Very green.  I believe this the first of many of these to come.  Do you have this pattern?  I think it is a classic must have pattern.  Just saying.


Linking up with  Fabric Tuesday at Quilt Story.

5 comments:

  1. The bag is really cute. I want to be green and use cloth bags, but I forget them at home or leave them in the car. The photo of the flower is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colour of the bag too - and that flower- is it a passionfruit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bags, love that you re-purposed fabric, and love the gorgeous flowers in the 2nd pic. You failed to show us a pic of the inside, showing the fabric you used for the lining!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a wonderful bag. A gal can never have too many. Especially when they look that good.

    ReplyDelete