Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Work In Progress Wednesday on Tuesday


This week is a busy one at school so I am going to throw in a work in progress post today while I have time.  I did some sewing last evening and made some more blocks for Shabby Chic Baby quilt.  This is going to be pretty in pink, that is for sure.  I was telling one of my blog buddies that this is my attempt to use up some fabric that may be a bit dated in a way that works.  I am going to see how I feel about the more green florals when I have some more blocks done and I may weed them out and perhaps save them for a different Shabby Chic Baby quilt with more of a green focus.  We will see.


Not a lot of progress on my proverbial quilt but I have been BUSY!  I had a whole lot of fabric shopping this weekend after all!  And this is a project without a timeline so it is all good.  Or so I keep telling myself!


I have been knitting dishcloths as I watch tv.  My stock pile of these has been depleted and Christmas is coming.  The family has expectations of dish cloths at Christmas.  Luckily my finger injury from this summer is finally at the stage where it doesn't bug me too much to knit.  I still have a fair bit of residual numbness after slicing off the tip of my finger with a rotary cutter.  EWWWWWW!

So there you have it.  Works in progress.  Isn't everything fun?  Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for Work in Progress Wednesday!

New buttons from the Fraser Valley Modern Quilt Guild, he he he

5 comments:

  1. Ha! I make those dish clothes too. It's the only thing I know how to knit. I love them! And they're great for TV or road trips. I've even made them on planes, though at first I was nervous that they wouldn't let me through security with the needles. Your shally chic in pink is going to be stunning. So dainty in the light pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your star quilt!!! I look forward to seeing the rest. I have thought about dishcloths for family gifts, but like you, afraid they would expect them;-)

    blessings, jill
    visiting from Freshly Pieced WIPs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya know Cathy, its scary how much we have in common,quilting, thrift storing, gardening, now dishcloths! I sure wish we lived closer! We could have a blast!! Love the way the baby quilt is coming along, its so soft and sweet...perfect for that new little girl...just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The baby quilt is so sweeet! I myself am making dishcloths for a charity to sell! I love your button, it is to cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so funny with older fabric, once you cut it up and add something more modern to it, it doesn't look bad at all! I LOVE that button...hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete