Monday, January 7, 2013

Design Wall Monday... it's catching


I caught the bug.  These scrappy trip around the world blocks are taking over the internet and I just had to try them out.  I checked out the tutorial and pulled some fairly uninspiring fabric just to see if it was something I would have fun with.  Oh, man.  It is fun.  The first block went together slowly and then I got in the groove.

Then I decided to get a bit more serious and I went looking in the wall of fabric for some more interesting fabric choices.  This is the first pull.  I am going for organized scrappy and will try to have a selection of these colours in each square.  I may add a more neutral just for contrast... maybe a grey.  Hmm.  Still thinking.  What about you?  Have you jumped on board?



Linking up with Judy's design wall Monday.

9 comments:

  1. Nope. I did a bunch for Alycia for her Block Drive. It would be a great block to do for flowery prints though. I like what you've pulled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm itching to jump in but haven't yet :) Looks pretty so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am holding back but it is getting harder. Your quilt looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No I haven't gotten on board, unfortunately I'm to behind on some Bee blocks. I'm glad you're doing it though, that way I can live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, I caved last night and put together my first block. Like you, I used fabric I'm not crazy about just to see...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very contagious and fun to do : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made a baby quilt in this pattern a few months ago. I had won a jelly roll at my guild.. a home-made one that wasn't really designed to be perfect matches, so it was truly scrappy... I used that and donated the quilt to our guild's community service project. it was a lot of fun and I would definitely do it again, when I give myself permission to start a new project some time in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heeheee!!! Love it!! I'm doing a regular scrap vomit quilt, well I will be, still cutting squares. But hmmm I do really like the organized look of this too- decisions decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your colors. We did it in Red white and blue too ;-)

    ReplyDelete