Saturday, March 24, 2012

Flea Market Finds on a Glorious Saturday!


We are having a fabulous, sunny spring day!  I attacked some more flower beds today.  I had great plans for quilting but we were hit with a power outage until after lunch so I had no choice!  I shouldn't complain too much about the flower beds since Husband had already done the brunt of the work by raking all the winter icky away some time ago.  I just had to hunt out the nasty grass and those evil lurking buttercups.

As for my thrifty treasures today, I found this cute little kitchen tin earlier in the week.  I am quite nutty about tins and have several different patterns of this type of kitchen tin but I have never seen this pattern.  And it was cheap at $2.  The little egg cup came home with me today.  One can never have enough egg cups especially with Easter just around the corner.




I found quite an assortment of sewing bits and pieces.  Some pearl cotton was in a bag of thread spools, including the wooden ones.  I actually opened the bag after paying and donated back a bunch of thread that I did not want and just brought home the wooden spools and the pearl cotton.  I think the cashier thought I was a bit odd.  She asked me several times if I was sure.  Tee hee hee!  I found the dish cloth cotton at the same place.  Brand spanking new.  The vintage rick tack and the buttons were too cute to pass up.  The hanky below was a steal at 50 cents and has a tiny sticker tag indicating that the hanky was embroidered by hand.



And that's it folks!  I will be linking up with Sophie's Flea Market Finds and maybe even Apron Thrift Girl's Thrift Share Monday.  Garage sale signs are starting to pop up but I am holding out for some really great church sales.  They are just so much fun!

*And I took several of the photos on one of my vintage sheet quilts.  Just for fun!

4 comments:

  1. More great finds - really cute tin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tin and the egg cup, loving yellow at the moment. I always squeal when I find thread and yours looks devine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tin! The colors are so bright and cheerful!

    Smiles,
    The Joyful Thrifter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute yellow egg cup, and the tin is great. Lovely finds this week.❣

    ReplyDelete