Sunday, April 15, 2012

Evolving Baby Quilt...


Okay, this is not a great picture but I wanted to talk about this baby quilt on the design wall.  I keep changing it.  I kept staring at it this past week and decided it was not making me totally happy.  So I added the green pin dots in between each little block and I started feeling better.  I stare at my design wall when I am on the torture cycle (a.k.a. stationary bike).  Today while on the bike, I could see all the blocks I need to move around and tweak to balance all the dots and stuff.  I also want to have all the trees standing upright.  I will fix that.  I guess the design wall is a good spot.  Double benefit.  Exercise and quilt tweaking.

On the exercise front, I also got an extreme upper body workout today because I quilted my Farmer's Wife quilt.  Yep.  I did.  90' square of quilt beast. I can feel the impact of all that pushing fabric in my shoulders.  Ack!   Just the binding and we can call it done!  I cannot wait!

Pretties in the garden!

Linking up on Monday over at Judy's for Design Wall Monday!

2 comments:

  1. well done on getting the FW quilted! What an achievement that quilt will be! It is great having the design wall where you can see it a lot and think things over....as long as you like what you are seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on your quilting. It certainly is an upper body workout!! Your flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete