Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Farmer's Wife Quilt: Part 2








When I got home today it was raining so quilt pictures would have to wait for another day.  I got on the torture cycle and was half way through when the sun came out.  I hopped off the bike to see that it was raining through the sunshine.  Drat.  Not only did I have to get back on the torture cycle but I still couldn't take the pictures I wanted.  After doing my time on the bike, the rain had stopped so Husband, the dog and I grabbed the quilt and pinned it up on the clothesline really quickly before the rain started again.

So here it is again.  In full glory on the clothesline.  The carport shots from yesterday just didn't do it justice but I so wanted to share!  We didn't pay any attention to right side up or not because it really doesn't have a right side up.  It's all good.  10 months of quilting work all bundled up and hung on the line.  It feels good.  Really good!

Linking up with Amanda Jean for Finish it Up Friday.  Full quilt details available on yesterday's post.

 Quilt stats in brief:
Started June 2011
Scraps only
90" x 90"
Quilted by me, straight lines, lots of them in Aurifil white 50 wt
Done.
my favourite backyard stump needed a photo today too!

Have a lovely evening!!!

11 comments:

  1. it's amazing... so much work in those little pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks just fabulous! A quilt to be very proud of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilt. you should have looked for the rainbow!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - it looks fantastic - each and every block.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible...there's an awful lot of started but not finished Farmers blocks out there so it is great to actually see a finished one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on getting the Farmer's Wife quilt all done, it looks great!!


    Cheers!
    Rachel
    Scrapendipity Designs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your finished quilt is beautiful. I have a question about your quilting: did you just quilt round the individual blocks or did you do more than just that? I love the way itlooks and that the blocks are untouched...

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful heirloom. Yo should be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am VERY inspired. I have a farmer's wife quilt I am making for my mom in her colours, country (all Kansas Troubles). I want one for myself now in colours like yours!!

    ReplyDelete