Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday...


Well, it is Wednesday.  I have made more cross string blocks and they no longer fit on the design wall so I am storing the extra blocks in a basket.  I think I have about 40 or so blocks and I need a lot more.  Super scrappy and wonderful!


I have been been sorting and folding all my vintage sheets too.  I needed to really have a look at all of them in preparation for my awesome new shelves.  I am hoping to have all this stuff living in one happy place.


And I finally made a name tag so that I am no longer nameless at the Fraser Valley Modern Quilt Guild meeting which meets tomorrow!!!!  So exciting!  I wanted my name tag to look like a chalk board.  Yep.  It is the teacher in me popping out.  So much fun!  Just a little free motion writing with a couple doodle flowers.  


Our garden is a work in progress too.  The white roses are starting to open.  We have had so much rain.  And I forgot to mention...  a great BIG BLACK BEAR has been visiting!  Not happy.  He ate a full bird feeder full of sunflower seeds the other night.  Harumph!

Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for Work in Progress Wednesday!

7 comments:

  1. I love your scrappy blocks, I can't wait to see that quilt come together! :) And I am jealous of your vintage sheets collection - really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Look at all those gorgeous sheets!! Yum!! I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just finished reading all of your posts for the last week....
    a squirrel, a reveal of the wedding quilt, thrifty finds, a very cute guy sewing a block, and a black bear. You have had a lot going on.
    Your name looks like it was written on a blackboard - great name plate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see your blocks put together...great color

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful block love your colors. your roses are beautiful I love this time of year. yes we have had lots of rain too.
    but today and the weekend looks wonderful.
    We have not sited any bears this year our bird feeder is hanging off the second floor so he could never reach it.
    love your name plate.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. more gorgeous blocks, more fabulous vintage sheets, cute name tag and serious shelf envy that about covers it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those blocks are beautiful. I love the colors you picked out. Cute name tag! It does look like chalkboard! Good job.

    ReplyDelete