Sunday, May 8, 2011

Another finish!


Okay, this one has been in the works for a full year.  I have been a hand quilting procrastinator but not anymore because this puppy is done like dinner!  Wahoo!  After I attached the binding, I tossed it in the washing machine and after a bit of a dry in the dryer, the applique edges were softly fuzzed.

Husband spoiled me rotten today and lovely wishes from both children made for a happy day.  Husband and I pruned roses.  Bought some BIG Western Red Cedars for our reforestation project in the field and wandered about in the lovely little village of Fort Langley.  Fort Langley is just a short drive from home and is filled with antique and collectibles stores and there just happens to be a nice little quilt shop.  Husband was most accommodating as I wandered in and out of places.  I like to check out the collectibles so I know how well I am doing with my garage sale and thrift store finds.  Oh my goodness have I ever got some bargains lately at least compared to what is being charged retail in these shops!

The quilt store was fun.  They had a large basket filled with scrappy bits.  All you can stuff into a little ziploc bag for $3.  I took this on as a personal challenge.  I selected some choice bits.  Mainly full width of fabric strips.  I methodically stacked the fabric in bunches and rolled tightly then stuffed the rolls in the bag.  Husband was astonished how much fabric I had rolled into that bag.   It is a rare talent for sure!

Hope your Mother's day was happy!  And I leave you with ducks in the blueberries behind the grape vines.  Let's just say we have had a lot of rain!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I would love to have a go at that ziplock bag challenge myself - sounds like fun! and for $3 what have you got to lose! Love that quilt! It really is appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous quilt! And the ziplock bag challenge sounds great! LOL

    ReplyDelete