Saturday, May 21, 2011

This week's finds...


I checked out a thrift store I don't go to very often at all yesterday.  Found a huge pile of vintage sheets and pillow cases.  The total bonus was the set of almost brand new pillow cases in the blue print.  Blue vintage sheets are really hard to find.  Most often you find rose florals and lots of yellows.

I have started cutting the sheets up into fat quarters so that they are more usable and I spent some time today grouping my ever growing vintage sheet collection into colour families.  Just so much fun.  I am the Kind Midas of vintage sheets.  The funny thing is that my mum is looking for sheets for me and so is my aunt.  Husband thinks that they should not encourage me.  (hee hee)

And the great thing is that I am actually starting a quilt from all of this loot.  Cannot be called a hoarder if you are using the stuff, right?

I also found a few sweet little items on the 25 cent table.


Jam pot, sugar bowl, mustard pot?  Take your pick!  I love it!  And a milk glass vase.

And I will be linking up with Sophie's flea market finds in just a bit.  Take a minute to see what other people have found over the last week!


FLEA MARKET FINDS

5 comments:

  1. wow! you did well! It's a fun little ink up this one, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hoard vintage sheets too:) LOVE the little pear. adorable as is your vase. great finds, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, yes, if you're using them up again... you need the stock, girl! good luck...
    n♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that pear!
    I have just finished sewing my first ever quilt and it's made entirely from vintage sheets...you can see it on my blog if you feel like having a sticky-beak.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow what a great stack of linen loveliness!

    Smiles,
    The Joyful Thrifter

    ReplyDelete