Wednesday, May 4, 2011

On a sunny Wednesday!

Oh thank goodness, the sun found its way out today!  Husband was able to get out the lawn mowers and transformed our piece of heaven into a magnificent park.  It looks beautiful!  We went for a little walkabout and I was able to ooh and ahh a lot because the yard just looks so green and luscious.

I cannot wait to start on my Sparkling Cider vintage sheet quilt but I am gated by the fact that I really need that funny little quilt template/ruler that the pattern suggests.  So now after ordering the pattern, I have to order the darn little ruler thingie.  It is a Quilt in a Day-Flying Geese template ruler.  I don't think you have to have it but it certainly helps with the flying geese technique the pattern utilizes which is actually rather tricky,  in a cool "who thought of that?" way!

I am always liking to be a few projects ahead of myself and while I am thinking of the sheet quilt, I also have these interesting items begging to be a quilt.  Several choices of pillow ticking and a vintage pillow case with some lovely embroidery.  What do you think?  I am really leaning to very, very basic.  Perhaps just simple squares.  I am thinking that the embroidered flowers could be random scattered.  And I think that I have some other vintage embroidered pieces that I could use in a similar fashion.  Nice embroidery, or what?




1 comment: