My Farmer's Wife Quilt is finished!!! I am so glad it is done. I wanted to take some super gorgeous pictures of it outside after work today but it is POURING with rain. Hopefully it will be nice tomorrow and I can take some proper pictures. With Husband's help, I hung it up in the carport. Oh, the things quilters will do!!!! Standing on chairs, we strung up a string and clothespinned it up for a photo op.
This quilt has a total of 113 blocks, finishing at 90" square. All the blocks are made from scraps. It is sashed and bordered with a pale yellow cotton. I have bound the quilt with a small green feedsack print and I used the same for the small cornerstones. I straight line quilted it between all the blocks and on either side of the seam lines between the blocks. It looks pretty neat from the back too! The back is an orange print that actually has little itty bitty quilt blocks on it. I bought it about a year ago as a bolt end for quilt backs and I had enough for this beast. I pieced the back with a strip of the binding fabric and one little extra block that was a bit too small for the front. It was one of the first blocks I made and I was having a problem with scaling of the templates when printing.
I have to say that since last June, when I started this quilt, I have celebrated little blocks and been frustrated with others. This was a ton of work but it looks GREAT! And I am so happy it is done! Better pictures as soon as the rain stops, I promise!
Linking up with Quilt Story for Fabric Tuesday and with Amanda Jean for Finish it Up Friday!