Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hockey Wednesday, a book I ordered and maybe some more flowers

I ordered a book.  It seems as though there are a lot of new quilting books out lately.  They all look so wonderful.  Great eye candy.  I have shown great restraint but I did order a book.  Just the other day.  I cannot wait.  It may take up to 2 weeks.  Anticipation is building.  You can check over at  msmcporkchopquilts. And you can check at Angela's blog.   'Cause there is a quilt a long.  And it looks like too much fun!  It is this book...

from Amazon...

But you have to check out the blogs because the blocks are coming together in modern fabrics and they look great!!!!!  And Lily is doing it too!  Check it out!

 evening light in the back...

I weeded this flower bed on Sunday.  150 feet of flowers.  Hopefully the rest of the summer will be just weed maintenance!  Hopefully the Canucks will do better tonight.  I am off to another meeting! 

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of a sampler quilt done with modern fabrics. I have a lot of traditional blocks I would like to try someday and probably about the only way I would get to try all of them is to do a sampler with one of each. Your yard looks so lush

    ReplyDelete