Monday, February 7, 2011

Bitten by the hexie bug!


I made a pillow about a million years ago using hexagons and paper piecing.  It was when we were in Peru for several months.  I kept busy then with a lot of hand sewing.  Last night, while husband watched the Superbowl, I made hexies.  I made a lot of them.  I see a pillow in their future.  Good colours for the living room.  And what is the fabric?  I don't know.  I know the solid is from Gramma's stash and the other two... Hmm.  Definitely Moda.  Maybe Blackbird Designs?

And the big news is that I read on a blog that there is a fabric store in Vancouver that is carrying all 221 colours of Kona cottons.  That is crazy!!!!!  I think I may have to go on a field trip.  I told husband.  He was less than impressed.  221 colours!!!!  I might faint.  Happy rest of Monday.

1 comment:

  1. I love spool of thread! The owners are so nice too! I will defiantly have to go check this out. They also have a lot of great classes and gorgeous fabrics.

    ReplyDelete