Wednesday, February 23, 2011

On a Wednesday...

The snow did not amount to much here although Victoria apparently got hammered!  We are in a cold snap though and that will make tomorrow's bus duty a chill-fest.   I just got home from a LOVELY dinner and quilt shop visit with friends.  We were looking for fabric to make a table runner that I will make for her but my friend could not see her vision in fabric.  I am going to introduce her to some online fabric shops so we can find THE fabric.  We had a lot of fun though.  Lots of catching up!


Here is my new couch quilt work in progress.  It's all half square triangles.  I was playing around with the arrangement and then saw Tracey's Little Lovebird quilt before she had it finished and thought that I could place my half square triangles in a similar organized fashion.  I like it!  Husband does too.  He seems to like quilts with high contrast.  I used fabrics from my stash.  Some Rouenneries by French General, some Patisserie by Fresh Figs, some Glace by 3 Sisters etc. etc.  I think Glace is supposed to be a Christmas line but who would know that?  It is just lovely deep, saturated reds and lovely greens.  That is what the border is by the way-Glace.

Husband is busy with some renovations.  He has painted the entire main floor and is now building a built in wall unit in the living room.  Really exciting.  He does such lovely work.  It is sort of like quilting.  He buys large chunks of wood, cuts it up and puts it back together in a different way.  Wood quilting.  I like that.

1 comment:

  1. Love your quilt. I hope you will show us some of your husband's workmanship too!

    ReplyDelete