Friday, April 1, 2011

Sewing and craft show!

First of all, happy April.  I have been looking forward to today for over a month because today was day 1 of a big sewing and craft show one town over.  So I scooted out from school right away and headed on over.  What I was really looking forward to was my fabulous local quilt shop was going to do their by the pound sale.  This is where they sell off their samples by the pound.  By the time I got there though, the by the pound stuff had been pretty picked over.  I found a few things including some of Deb Strain's Fresh Flowers line and I did pick up a charm pack of the same.  Very bright and cheerful.  Lots of vendors had fat quarters for cheap so I did buy fat quarters!



And finally one vendor had all their yardage on half price but you had to buy a metre minimum.  I found more of those cute blue owls and then some other assorted pretties including a Kaffe Fasset floral print on blue and a daintier floral on blue.  Totally fun.  There were also lots of classes you could sign up to take but I was too pooped after a day at work with a veritable mountain of paperwork on my desk.

My fabulous local quilt shop lady told me they would refresh the by the pound stuff for first thing in the morning tomorrow but it is a long drive and parking is $5.  And all I would want to do at that point is look at the by the pound sale stuff so I think I will wait until she does it again in August at her actual shop.  Boo hoo!

Projects on the go for tomorrow.  Errands a plenty and then I have got to finish Mr. Dog's (a.k.a. Webster's) quilt/pillow bed thing.  I did buy fabric to finish that up at the sewing show.  The fabric was CHEAP! and matched his fur.  And that is a good thing.  Did I mention how much I love our new floors?  Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment