Sunday, April 10, 2011

Using up the scraps!

Okay, this is almost addictive.  I have been making paper pieced string blocks all day.  I make them in batches and then go and sit beside Husband to rip the paper off the blocks.  That way he doesn't miss me too much.  He was in front of the TV today because not only was it golf but curling.   All he needed was darts and he wouldn't have been able to speak for the excitement.  It was that kind of day.  It poured rain.  POURED all day!!  Hence the poo, from the great manure delivery of yesterday, is still waiting for its moment in the sun.

I threw the blocks on the design bed to get an idea...

And I did sandwich the jelly roll quilt.  Spray baste is my friend.  Man, who needs pins?  It just goes together so easily with the spray.  I did not start quilting, however, because I was having too much fun with scraps.  Never did I think I would say that.  My only question now is, how do you know when a scrap is too small and should be tossed?  I think I am a fabric hoarder.

almost ready to be tossed scraps

No comments:

Post a Comment