Sunday, February 3, 2013

Design Wall!


This month in the "That Stash Bee" had us doing some paper piecing.  Eek!  Kelli provided great inspiration for the fabric and then with some help from the other bee people, we had a template!  This block is called Road to Fortune.  I think it also goes by some other names too but here it is!  I really like it.  I like that I was able to use a bunch of scraps in all sorts of bright colours.  I do admit to using my stitch ripper.  Yep.  And I did seek some paper piecing help from Sonja.  Sonja is a paper piecing wizard and a member of the Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild.  She has some video tutorials and a paper piecing cheat sheet on her blog.  and a bunch of free patterns... just saying.



Linking up with Judy's design wall Monday!

9 comments:

  1. I love this block, and your fabrics are great. Wonderful way to stash bust. Is there a pattern somewhere? Or did someone in your bee make it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying over here. LOOK at those blocks! Just pieced some scrappy churn dash blocks today. These are way cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, GORGEOUS!! Paper piecing is such a pain, but the results are awesome! Nice job Cathy! You say theres a pattern someplace??? need it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your paper-piecing looks great!! It can be a little fussy, and I've had to use my seam ripper on just about every pattern I've done, but it can be really addictive...

      Delete
  4. Love this block! I have never paper pieced, I want to learn at some point, and this block gives me a kick in the rear to figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blocks - and thanks for linking the tutorials - I'll be checking those out as well !

    ReplyDelete
  6. These turned out great! I need to brave them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful block. Paper piecing gives such production. Is there a pattern you can share?

    ReplyDelete