Tuesday, February 26, 2013

When is a work in progress, a work in progress?



1) Can a work in progress just be a pile of fabric without an idea but the knowing that you need to make something?  This is my fabric for the Modern Quilting Madrona Road Challenge.  Yes, I know the challenge is over but our fabric for our guild went on a walkabout and got a little bit lost on the way to us.  Saturday, at our sew in day, I got my pile.  I traded the haystack in graphite for more of the blue wild carrot print because I have a lot of the haystack in graphite already. But I haven't settled on a plan yet.  So this work in progress is just a pile of fabric hoping for an idea.


 2)  Guild mug rug thing for fat quarter swap placement at meetings needs quilting but this was a huge pile of fun!

3)  Using up all of those florals.  You know the ones I mean?  Making a quilt for a gift.  And the recipient is just so going to LOVE this because she loves pink... and flowers.  15 blocks down and another 15 to go.  I even made a bunch of these on my Featherweight at the sew in!!!!!


4) Going with my one block a week plan is working so far!  2 blocks of the Road to Fortune paper pieced blocks.  Scrap busting!

So that is what is going on over here .  Linking up with the Needle and Thread Network and with Lee at Freshly Pieced!

11 comments:

  1. Love those stars and those 2 blocks. Nice bright colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First cut? I don't know exactly. I think it stays a WIP as long as you are working on it actively or in close proximity. If you abandon it or it just becomes a pile you keep moving around as you work on other projects, then it's an UnFinished Object. I have a WIP in stasis (storage) that I would totally finish if I could get to it. I obviously miscalculated how long my stuff was going to be in that unit… I really miss some of it. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...if it's just the pile of fabric with an idea, then I guess I have a LOT of Wip's! =) I love your Road to fortune blocks...so bright and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, I have to stop by more often. Great stuff. Still quilting up a storm I see! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been drooling over the road to fortune blocks I've seen for ages, and I think I might have to do it soon! Our guild was late getting the Madrona Road fabric too, but not as late as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think a pile of fabric is a WIP if you are actively thinking about the quilt. If you don't start it, but move on to other projects, it is just stash :) Love the work you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you have lots of WIP's but it is our creative natures that land us this way. I can't understand a quilter who only works on one project at a time.
    But I bet they get more finishes than I do!
    Jo visiting from WIP

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOOOOOOOOVEEEE the Road to Fortune paper pieced blocks! Gorgeous! And what a great idea - a block a week?! I should do that! Brilliant! I feel like everytime I come across a great idea like this I have just crawled out of the neolithic era or out from under a rock - "where have I been?!" Still LOVIN yer blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm gonna reply to my own comment just because I know you will know what it means :) (Blush!)

      Delete
  9. That pile of fabrics is certainly a work in progress! Incubating a new project can demand more energy than sewing it. But your quilts are all so nice that I am sure you will find a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My quilt group just received a quilt top, which an older quilter decided not to finish and donated for use to use in our charity quilts. Now I know the block name - Road to Fortune.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete