Thursday, February 14, 2013

Modern Scrappy Bits Swap Triple Zip Pouch super size me!








I thought about super sizing a triple zip pouch for my partner in the Modern Scrappy Bits swap so I did.  I Upped the size so that I could box the corners and I made it a bit wider as well.  I pieced a bunch of scraps of this and that (Ruby, Vintage Modern, Reunion, and the text print is a scrap from a line called Fresh Flowers.  The main lining is a scrap of text fabric from the Word Play line.   I did a quilt as you go method so I was able to use a bunch of different quilting.  The sides are matchstick straight lines.  The front panel has vertical quilting and the back has horizontal quilting.  Just for fun.  I added a charm on the top zip for a zipper pull.  All in all it is a few inches taller and a few inches wider.





Stuffed with scrap goodness and a few extras for fun.  If you are going to have 3 pockets, you have to have something in each one!  I popped in an assortment of buttons that might be fun for some small makes and a package of Kate Spain clothes pins!  Sweet!  I hope this makes my partner happy!




Linking up with Finish it up Friday with Amanda Jean!

6 comments:

  1. Nice! Your partner will love it I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to super size, and it looks fantastic with the wonderful fabric you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute! I love the patchwork & quilting, not to mention the super-sizing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely finish! Now I really want to make one of these pouches!

    ReplyDelete