Monday, February 25, 2013

Fat Qs


Well.  This is a little fun something something that I put together yesterday.  This is for our guild.  I am the Fat Quarter Swap person.  Each month we have a different theme and ask the guild members to bring 4 fat quarters that fits the theme.  Then I swap them around and each person goes home with 4 different fat quarters.  Or at least that is the plan.  If I actually get the swap right.  Here is the thing.  We have so many new members that our esteemed leader, Lysa, , thought it would be nice to have a little mug rug-ish-mini quilt-ish thing to mark the place to put fat quarters for swapping, snacks, and door prizes.  Great idea!  Lysa picked out fabric in the guild colours.  Snazzy Kona solids!


And then I got busy.  I haven't quilted it yet. I did not use a pattern for the letters.  I have the Word Play Quilts book and she says to just go for it so I did.  I got a lot of practice with my Proverbial Sunshine quilt.  And yes, the letters are wonky.  And can you tell it says "Fat Qs?"  Fun or what????  I will show you when it is all finished up.  It is like playing.


3 comments:

  1. I love improv letters. You did a great job on yours. Have fun ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours! The letters are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!! I get to make one too. When I designed our logo I used Kona swatches for colours so it made it easy for us to find the coordinates for this- fun fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete