Sunday, February 24, 2013

On the Design Wall...


Yesterday was our Fraser Valley Modern Quilt Guild Sew in and meeting.  It is just so much fun to sit around a sew with like minded quilty people.  I took my wee Featherweight, Daisy Marie, out for her first sew in.  She ran like a fine tuned clock and I cranked out a paper pieced block and a whole bunch of wonky star blocks.  A couple of the other quilty people had their Featherweights too.  We could start a club.  A spin off to the guild.  It was fun to compare and check what is going on with their little machines.  I ordered some new feet for the machine bed today and a spare belt just because Husband thinks it is a good idea to have a spare belt.  I agree.

Anyway.  Back to the design wall.  I started a gift quilt.  And I am using up all of those leftover shabby chic pink-ish florals in wonky stars.  A bunch of different things including some Lecien Antique Rose and all sorts other things.  The Antique Rose is actually quite pretty.  I made a baby quilt like this last summer but I still have a bunch of these fabrics so it seemed the perfect use.  I know that the person this is destined for will LOVE it.  I think I will need about 30 blocks but they go quickly.

And that is what is on my design wall... what about your's?  Linking up with Judy's Design Wall Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it pretty. I looked at the one you made last year. All my quilts used to be of the romantic variety. Isn't it funny how we have changed as quilters?! This will be a treasured heirloom for sure. Timeless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, I am loving star blocks at the moment, they are so much fun to make and suit a boy or a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweet blocks. Way too cute.

    ReplyDelete