Tuesday, January 11, 2011

next project...




I started some baby quilts.  Baby quilts???  Just to stock pile for possible gifting.   I had 2 charm packs Love U for Moda.  Very cute.  I separated the charm packs into girl colours and boy colours.  Husband says no such thing any more.  Very progressive thinking.  Anyway, you know what I mean.  I planned to add some fabric from the stash.  I had some very cute bits from the by the pound sale from last August at the fabulous local quilt shop.  So this is what I was working with...



 The fabric from the by the pound sale works with the whimsy of the Love U line.  Lots of pin dots and little itty bit snails.


And then I decided to use this stacked coins recipe from the Moda Bakeshop as inspiration.  I did not follow it exactly, rather just the idea of it.  Right now my "design wall" is a "design bed" in the spare bedroom, next to where I sew.



 more to follow...  cheerful, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment