Thursday, January 6, 2011

On a Rainy January Thursday

Christmas fabric.  Some of it is just not to my taste.  I thought I should try though, and make a few Christmas pillows.  So I popped over to one of the local quilt shops in the next town over and bought myself a charm pack.  Just one.  Fruitcake by Basic Grey for Moda.  I seem to gravitate to Basic Grey.  I like their fabric lines.  I am also obsessed with half square triangles.   Just so much fun.  So from one charm pack with some stash solids, and some thrift store heavy cotton for the backs and some vintage buttons we have 3 Christmas pillows which I really, really like. I cut some of the charm squares in half to make a border.  Pillows take no time at all to quilt!  Check out the rug on the back of the couch.  That's my Christmas rug.  My mum is a weaver of rugs.  The queen of recycling, she cuts up stuff and weaves rag rugs on a great big Swedish floor loom.
  








This last pillow was made with a few of the charm squares and then stash solids.  It kind of looks like a present.  


But they are all put away now until next year!  


Shall I confess to buying quite a bit of Fruitcake to make a Christmas quilt for next year?  Okay, I did.  It was on sale.  And oh, I also bought some of Kate Spain's 12 Days of Christmas.  I think I have changed my mind about Christmas fabric.  

No comments:

Post a Comment